PhD candidate, Department of Forest, Range and Watershed Management, Faculty of Natural Resources and Environment, Science and Research Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran
Assistant Professor Department of Forest, Range and Watershed Management, Science and Research Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran
Associate Professor, Department of Rehabilitation of Arid and Mountainous Regions, Faculty of Natural Resources, University of Tehran, Karaj, Iran
Full Professor. Department of Rehabilitation of Arid and Mountainous Regions, Faculty of Natural Resources, University of Tehran, Karaj, Iran
Document Type : Research Paper
In this study, 18 variables affecting avalanches have been studied. These variables are related to the conditions: geomorphological and topographic, climatic, snow and also Some activities are related to human factors. In this study, the avalanche risk map was prepared and analyzed using the risk model (HEV) and the variables affecting the occurrence of avalanches. Avalanche hazard map was prepared using three models: AHP, Garp and MaxEent. Based on three risk factors for avalanches, obstacles in the avalanche route and also sensitivity to avalanches, a risk map was prepared. Comparison of the results with field visits and avalanche occurrence areas and past statistics and information indicate the accuracy of the hazard map with 93.85% accuracy by the AHP method. One of the most important variables in avalanche occurrence in this area is the slope. Then, using two maps of avalanche risk elements and avalanche susceptibility map and avalanche hazard map, snow avalanche risk map has been prepared. The results showed that the avalanche hazard map has a very inherent difference with the avalanche risk map. Areas in the low-hazard category on the avalanche risk map became more important in the avalanche risk map. The most important reason is the existence of endangered elements and the development of residential lands in this area over the past few decades
- Abedini, M. and Moghimi, E. (2013). The role of geomorphological straits in the physical development of Tabriz metropolis for optimal use. Journal of Geography and Environmental Planning.vol,23.N0,1
- Blaikie, P., Cannon, T., Davies, I. and Wisner, B. ( 1994) At Risk. Natural Hazards, People’s Vulnerability and Disasters. Routledge, New York, 284pp.
- , F, Barbolini., M, and Natale., L. (2008). Snow avalanche risk assessment and mapping: A new method based on a combination of statistical analysis, avalanche dynamics simulation and empirically-based vulnerability relations integrated in a GIS platform, Cold Regions Science and Technology, 54, pp. 193–205.
- Covasnianu, A. (2011). Mapping Snow Avalanche Risk Using GIS Technique and 3D Modeling: Case Study Ceahlau National Park (July 12, 2011). Available at http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.1884082
- , M. (2004). IFKIS- a basis for managing avalche risk in settlements and on roads in Switzerland.Natural hazards and earth system sciences Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci., 4, 257–262, 2004
- McClung, D. (2002). Guidelines for snow avalanche risk determination and mapping in Canada Canadian Avalanche Association, Revel stoke, British Columbia, Canada. pp 3-4.-
- Nayyeri, H., Karami, M.and Charehkhah, B. ( 2016). Zonation of Avalanche Pathways of Kurdistan Province. Jsaeh. 3, 35-50. https://doi: 10.18869/acadpub.jsaeh.3.2.35
- Nosrati, K. (2016). Prediction of avalanche occurrence in Meghun-Shemshak axis using logistic regression of rare geographical events and environmental hazards, No. 17, Spring 2016
- J, Bartelt. P, and Herwijnen. A. (2015). Snow avalanches: WSL Institute for snow and avalanches research SLF, Davos, Switzerland
- Techel, F., Zweifel, B. and Winkler, K. ( 2015|). Analysis of avalanche risk factors in backcountry terrain based on usage
- Van Den Eeckhaut, M., Vanwalleghem, T., Poesen, J., Govers, G., Verstraeten, G. and Vandekerckhove, L. (2006). Prediction of landslide susceptibility using rare events logistic regression: A case-study in the Flemish Ardennes (Belgium) frequency and accident data in Switzerland. Natural Hazards and Earth System Science. 15, 1985-1997
- Yousefi, S., Vafakhah, M., and Abdollahi, Z. (2011). Avalanche zoning using Geographic Information System (GIS), Geomatics conference. 90: 27-25.