Document Type : Research Paper
1 Assistant professor, Faculty of Geography, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran.
2 MSc. Graduated, Faculty of Geography, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran.
3 Associate Professor, Faculty of Natural Resources, University of Tehran, Karaj, Iran.
4 Professor, Faculty of Geomorphology, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran.
Sub-basin prioritization and morphometric characterization analysis is one of the efficient and low-cost tools in identifying flood hazards. The purpose of this study is to Prioritize the flood potential of watershed sub-basins using morphometric parameters, combines of model statistical correlation and multi-criteria decision making systems. 17 morphometric parameters including slope, elevation, curvature, Ruggedness number, elongation coefficient, circularity coefficient, equivalent rectangle, drainage density, Stream Length, coefficient Permeability, concentration time, duration-intensity of precipitation, land cover, land use, geology, Bifurcation Raito, Length of overland flow were studied. the relationship between parameters and weighting results showed that in AHP in climate and Morphotopography (slope, height, curvature, number of roughness) was one of the important factors of flooding. In ANP method, slope and concentration time (0.11) duration-intensity of rainfall (0.12) has become one of the most important factors in flooding. Ranking in AHP method showed that the sub-basins of Imamzadeh Davood, Taloon and Doab to Respectively with the highest score (0.74, 0.50, 0.38) and in the ANP method with the highest score (0.97, 0.51, 0.48) in the sub-basins of Imamzadeh Davood, Talun and Sangan They are located in the first to third places and the intensity of flooding in them is higher than other sub-basins. According to the results, relationship between the equivalent rectangle (width) and the circularity showed a strong correlation between these two variables.
- Abedini, M, and Fathi. M.H. (2015) Flood Risk Mapping and Evaluation by using the Analytic Network Process Case Study: (Khiav Chai Catchment) Journal of Hydrogeomorphology, Summer Course. 3. 99–120
- Abuzied, S. M., and Mansour, B. M. (2018). Geospatial hazard modeling for the delineation of flash flood-prone zones in Wadi Dahab basin, Egypt. Journal of Hydroinformatics, 21(1). 180-206.
- Alizadeh, A. (2010). Principles of Applied Hydrology (30th edition), Imam Reza University, Mashhad
- Chowdary, V. M., Chakraborthy, D., Jeyaram, A., Krishna Murthy, Y. V. N., Sharma, J. R., and Dadhwal, V. K. (2013). Multi-Criteria decision-making approach for watershed prioritization using Analytic Hierarchy Process Technique and GIS. Water Resource Management, 27. 3555-3571.
- Delbari, S. A, and Davoodi, S. (2012). Application of Hierarchical Analysis Process (AHP) technique in ranking tourist attraction evaluation indicators, Journal of Operations Research in its Applications (Applied Mathematics), 9(2), 57-79.
- Faniran, A. (1968). The index of drainage intensity -a provisional new drainage factor. Australian Journal of Science, 31, 328-330.
- Gholami, M and Abadi, Ali. (2019). Simulation of floodplain zones in Tehran's metropolitan watershed (case study: Kaan basin)." Journal of Spatial Analysis Environmental Hazarts, 24 (4), 95–108.
- Horton, R.E. (1932). Drainage basin characteristics. Trans. Am. Geophys. Union, 13, 350–361.
- Horton, R.E. (1945). Erosional development of streams and their drainage basins; hydrological approach to quantitative morphology. Geol. Soc. Am. Bull. 56, 275–370.
- Hoshiaripour, F, Yazdi, J Eftekhari, M, Shesh Angesht S, and Javadi. F. (2016). "Flood management in the catchment area of Kan River with a simulation and optimization approach." Experimental Research in Civil Engineering, 3(1). 73-89.
- Mahmoudzadeh, H, Emami Kia, V, Rasouli, A.A. (2015). Microzonation of Flood Risk in Tabriz Suburb With using Analytical Hierarchy Process, Geographical Research, 30(1). 167-180.
- Malekian, A, Aftagan Khozani, A, and Ashournejad, Gh. (2012). Zoning of flood potential of Akhtarabad watershed using fuzzy hierarchical analysis method." Natural Geography Research, 44(4), 131–152.
- Melton, M. (1957). An analysis of the relations among elements of climate, surface properties and geomorphology, Project NR 389-042, Tech. Rept. 11, Columbia Univ.
- Miller, V.C. (1953). A Quantitative Geomorphic Study of Drainage Basin Characteristics in the Clinch Mountain Area, Virginia and Tennessee. Department of Geology Columbia University, New York, 389-402.
- Momeni, M. Sharifi Salim, AR. (2011). Models and software for multi-criteria decision making: Authors Publications, first edition. Tehran.
- Najafi, M. (2018). Identifying and prioritizing the causes of changes in road construction projects using ANP method, Supervisor Lardak, Master Thesis in Engineering and Construction Management, Ala Al-Dawlah Semnani Institute of Higher Education – Garmsar.
- Naderi, N, Mohseni Sarvi, M, Malekian A, and Ghasemian D. (2012). AHP: A Technique for Decision Making at Watershed Level." Environment and Development Journal. 2(4), 41-51.
- Omidvar, K, Kianfar, A and Askari. Sh. (2010). Zoning the Flood-Producing Potentials of Konjancham Basin." Natural Geography Research 42 (72), pp. 90-73.
- Mansour, P. (2019). Evaluation of the flood potential of Sarpol Zahab basin using morphometric parametrs analysis. Journal of Earth Science Researches. 10 (3), 174-190.
- Razavizadeh, S and Shahedi K. (2016). "Prioritizing flooding of Taleghan watershed using a combination of AHP and TOPSIS." Iranian Natural Ecosystems. 7 (4), 33-46.
- Sarkar, D., Mondal, P., Sutradhar, S., and Sarkar, P. (2020). Morphometric Analysis Using SRTM-DEM and GIS of Nagar River Basin, Indo-Bangladesh Barind Tract. Journal of the Indian Society of Remote Sensing, 48, 597-614.
- Schumm, S.A. (1956) Evolution of Drainage Systems and Slopes in Badlands at Perth Amboy, New Jersey. Geological Society of America Bulletin. 67, 597-646.
- Sharifi Kia. M, Shayan, S, Yamani, M and Arab. A. (2017). Morphometric parameter extraction and analysis for watershed periodization over the Naka Roud Catchment." Iranian Journal of Eco Hydrology, 5 (1), 69–83.
- Singh, S. and Singh, M.C., (1997). Morphometric analysis of Kanhar river basin, National Geographic J India, 43(1). 31-43.
- N, and Dimitrios.S. (2013). “Assessment of Flood Hazard Based on Natural and Anthropogenic Factors Using Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP).” Natural Hazards 68, 569–585.
- Tavakoli, M, Fazel. N, Gharib, and Ganjali, A. A. (2009). The Application of Analytical Hierarchy Process in Setting the Priorities of Economic Sectors in Iran: A Case Study of Neishabour CountyJournal of Village and Development, 10(4), 77-98.
- Tehran Natural Resources Organization, (2018). Information related to hydrology and climate.
- Yamani, M., Yusefi, F., Moradi, A., Abbasi, M., and Barzkar, M. (2017). Preparatory zoning using the ANP and AHP models for tourism development Case study: Oshnaviyeh city. Scientific- Research Quarterly of Geographical Data (SEPEHR), 26(102), 19-34.
- Zahedi, M, and Bayati, Kh, (2013). Hydrology, Samat Publications, Second Edition, Tehran (2010).